Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Talent Schmalent

       I was reading an art history book the other day, and was absolutely fascinated to find that the word art came from the Latin word ars, which means "skill", and the Greek word for art, tekne, is where we get the word technique!  Wait...what??  Art greatness has been about skill all this time?  Haven't we been told our whole lives that some people just "have it" and some don't?
     Lucky for me, skills and techniques are not genetic...they are learned.  Art can be learned.  So what if I never got into art when I was younger, can't seem to shade anything properly, and am (secretly) afraid of watercolors?  Well, as my art teacher friend told me yesterday, "It's not too late."
     So here I go...with a little courage and a ton of effort, I will draw and paint and will not allow "can't" to determine my artistic expression. 
If you can tell it's a cat, I did what I set out to do. 
     

1 comment:

  1. Permainan super 10 terbagi atas 3 kartu yang akan di pegang untuk mencari nilai 10 (super ten) atau 30 (three picture) dari 3 kartu ditangan. Cara Main Super Ten Dengan nilai kartu sesuai angka pada kartu 1 sampai 10, dan untuk J-Q-K dihitung nilai 10 atau Picture Card (Baca Selengkapnya...)

    ReplyDelete