Thursday, February 3, 2011

Darkness.

The next painting I'll be posting is called "Embrace your seasons".  I'll share more when I post the painting when I post, but I wanted to share a few thoughts about the dark of our lives.  As a recovering perfectionist, I'm not always a big fan of dark, painful, imperfect places.  However, I heard some lyrics the other day that challenged my perspective a bit: 

You're a butterfly held captive
Small and safe in your cocoon.
Go on you can take your time
Time is said to heal all wounds.
 -"All About Your Heart", Mindy Gledhill

What if we embraced our dark season as a time of growth and an opportunity to snuggle up to the One who loves us and allows us the freedom to grow and change?  I don't know about you, but I certainly need the grace to appreciate my little cocoons.  They can be somewhat confining at times...

No comments:

Post a Comment