Monday, May 16, 2011

Art Trading: "Umbrella"

So I entered my very first ATC (Artist Trading Card) swap.  For those of you that don't know what an ATC is, it is a small piece of art that you simply trade...like baseball cards for artists!  The only rules are that it must be 2.5" by 3.5" and that you must give them away (rather than sell them).  So I'm finding the hardest part is mailing them on time!!  Oh, and sending them away, not knowing what the recipient will think of them.  (Scary!)  However, the small format is great fun and much less intimidating than a full-size painting...so I shall keep on with these swaps.  Hopefully I'll get better with meeting the deadlines...I'm pretty sure deadlines are my "kryptonite" (as my husband would say).  Anyway, I'd love to know what you think!  They shall hit the mail tomorrow, and there's no turning back! 
 "June Idyls" ATC, courtesy of Katie Holmes

"Rain, rain, go away" ATC, courtesy of Katie Holmes

1 comment:

  1. They are wonderful! You should join our Paper_Traders Yahoo online art group. We host ATC swaps all year long. Its a wonderful group.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete